We believe that a child’s work is in their play and while preparing children for school we ensure opportunities that are provided are fun and based upon their own interests. Our children are active and social learners, literacy and Communication skills developing quickly as well as their independence.
- Children start moving freely with confidence in a range of ways; walking, running, skipping and jumping.
- Gross motor skills develop e.g. catching a large ball, climbing, drawing using gross movements.
- Fine motor skills develop e.g. Use of simple tools such as paintbrushes, pencils and crayons improve.
Communication and Language
- Your little Kangaroo's vocabulary will extend and they will start introducing storylines into their play.
- Children in this age range will develop the ability to listen with increasing attention and recall.
- Children begin to understand 'Why?' and 'How?' questions.
Social and Emotional Development
- Children will learn to play in groups and respond to what others are saying and doing.
- Kangaroo's show confidence in asking adults for help.
- An understanding of the needs of other children starts to develop.
Understanding the World
- Children will comment and ask questions about the world around them.
- They will start to show an interest in lives of people familiar to them.
- Kangaroos will be able to interact with age appropriate computer equipment.