A room that is designed around nurturing, growth and fun, we see tiny babies turn into energetic chattering toddlers in front of our eyes. Developing a child’s natural curiosity by giving them opportunities to explore and experiment with the world around them.
- This is the age that our Joeys learn to explore, mainly using their hands and mouth.
- Your child will learn how to use everyday objects, such as spoons and cups.
- Vocabulary increases by the age of 2 to about 50 words, and children will be able to use 2 or 3 word sentences.
- Your child’s physical attributes will increase massively during the first 2 years.
- By six months your child will begin to roll and sit.
- Eventually Joey's will be able to crawl and walk while holding furniture.
- At 1 year old a child can typically walk 2-3 steps without assistance.
- By 2 years old, children begin to run and walk up and down stairs assisted.
- Imitation of facial expressions and a social smile develop by 3 months.
- Children will begin to babble, which will eventually lead to using simple words and phrases.
- Joeys will start playing in parallel (near another child, but not with them).
- In this age group, crying is a major means of communication when needs are not being met.
- Smiling and giggling are used when your Joey wants more of something.